October 12, 2014

Introduction

When Lincoln was released in 2012, I loved the movie, but it made me aware of how little of my country’s history I knew. I knew Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence, Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, and Cleveland served the only non-consecutive terms. But what did James Monroe do? What was going on during Buchanan’s presidency as the country moved to the precipice of civil war? Who the heck is Chester Arthur?


After a couple years entertaining the idea of reading through these biographies, and inspiration from two other blogs documenting similar journeys, I've decided to start. With no idea when or if I’ll complete the project, this blog is intended to serve as my notes as I work my way through biographies of the presidents of the UnitedStates of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment